Grateful Dead Live at Fillmore West on 1969-12-05
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Me & My Uncle, Casey Jones, Black Peter, Mama Tried, It Hurts Me Too, Cumberland Blues, Cryptical Envelopement-> Drums-> The Other One-> Cryptical Envelopement-> Cosmic Charlie, Dancin' In The Streets, Dire Wolf, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider-> High Time, Uncle John's Band, The Main Ten-> It's All Over Now Baby Blue
'Carnival Music' tuning before 'Dire Wolf' - often found on tapes labeled as 12-06-69 Other artist(s): GD; Flock; Humble Pie
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Me And My Uncle|
|It Hurts Me Too|
|That's It For// The Other One >|
|Dancing In The Street|
|China Cat Sunflower >|
|I Know You Rider >|
|Uncle John's Jam > The Main Ten >|
|It's All Over Now, Baby Blue|
"The Uncle John's Jam is just a scrap from the song's Jam in 7s. Apparently the previous night was the song's premier (there are Uncle John's Jams on 11/7 and 11/8) but as far as we know they didn't play the tune again till 12/12. Given this taper's fast pause button finger, he's quite capable of having clipped the transition from Uncle John's Jam into the Main Ten, but unless he ran into serious trouble it's difficult to figure how he lost nearly the whole of Uncle John in a flip (he had a flip coming, probably, after Dire Wolf). The evidence leaves it totally unclear whether they played the tune or just the Jam."
From what is on on Tim's Dat the tape flip came at the end of what we have for UJB, so it doesn't seem likely that Harry would have missed the whole of the song, It's seems more likely that the jam went straight into "The Main Ten"
- There was a lot of use of the pause button which resulted in the start of some tracks being clipped, I have smoothed them out where I could. There are three pauses during the drums section of "TIFTOO"
- I also removed a considerable number of artifacts (pops, clicks, etc)
- Some level adjustments have been made.
- I repaired a few small dropouts but there are some that are too big to do anything about. When I say big they are only a second or so.
Thanks to Joe B. Jones for his help with pitch correction.
Thanks to Harry Ely for being there.
Thanks to Tim Dalton for providing this source and Charlie Miller for the transfer.
There's still a lot that is wrong with this but there's also so much that is right, we are so very lucky to have it.
edited and mastered
- 2018-04-10 10:49:05
- San Francisco, CA
- Run time
- <b>flac16/48kHz</b>; Source: Sony F995 > Sony TC-124 > Cassette Master > DAT (48k) - Recorded by Harry Ely and provided by Tim Dalton; Tansfer: Dat > Panasonic SV-3700 > Tascam DA-3000 > wav 16/48 - Transferred by Charlie Miller; Lineage: wav 16/48 > iZotope RX6 Advanced > iZotope Ozone 5 Advanced > CD Wave > TLH > Flac1648; edited and mastered SIRMick April 2018
- Taped by
- Harry Ely via Tim Dalton
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and SIRMick
- Fillmore West
Subject: taper sing-along
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on